Explore Adelaide's own Dolphin Sanctuary and shipwreck heritage trail around Garden Island by sea kayak. On this sea kayak tour you will paddle through wonderful mangrove lined creeks and see a wealth of bird life and sea creatures along with shipwrecks. There are over 25 shipwrecks scattered around this area. Some were grand sailing ships others were tugs or barges each with its own unique history including one of the very first iron built ships in the world. This trip is ideal for families and people who just want to relax and soak up the heritage this area has to offer. The lush forest of Grey Mangroves provides a haven for extensive bird and sea life. Located only 25 minutes from Adelaide CBD at Garden Island it makes it easy access for a day which is out of the ordinary. Tours run spring to late autumn and are conducted in double sea kayaks, which are easy to paddle, stable and very comfortable.
Fitness & Experience
- If you need a break from everyday life and love the opportunity to be active in nature then this is the trip for you
- Participants must have a reasonable level of fitness (ie should be able to walk briskly for 15 minutes with out being out of breath)
- Minimum age is 6 years old
What to Bring/Wear
- Loose fitting clothes appropriate for the weather (Jeans are not suitable for kayaking for safety reasons)
- Sandals or old shoes that can get wet - sandshoes are sufficient
- Water - approximately 1/2 litre per hour for hot days
- Sun hat with neck string
- Personal medication
- Change of clothes and towel
- Spray jacket
- Sun glasses (with strap if you have one)
- Lunch and snacks for the day
What is Supplied
- All kayaking and safety equipment including personal floatation device (life jacket)
- Professional and well qualified leaders
Tour times vary depending on the tide but the usual times are between 8.30 am and 12.00pm. Tours run from spring to late autumn and are conducted in double sea kayaks, which are easy to paddle, stable and very comfortable. Transport can be provided for groups or individuals at an extra fee depending on collection location.
Please note: This voucher will be sent by email.