Experience some of the finest wine and food in Australia with this unique food and wine tour. Perfect for the culinary and vinicultural connoisseurs, this is one of the best food and wine tours in the Yarra Valley.
As far back as 1838, the Yarra Valley has been producing some of Australia's finest wines - enjoy a truly unique private wine tasting of some of the regions finest varietals. Thanks to the region's cool temperatures and innovative production techniques the Yarra Valley is home to some of the country's best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Go behind the scenes at the iconic De Bortoli winery before savouring a gourmet three course gourmet lunch. Beyond the world-famous Noble One, the De Bortoli family have been creating some of the most awarded and approachable wines in the Yarra Valley for generations.
Begin your 3.5 hour experience with a personalised gourmet cheese and wine tasting held in the renowned De Bortoli Trophy Room. Your own private guide will spend the next hour explaining the different flavours and characteristics of each of the premium wines on offer. Over the course of the tasting you will enjoy a wide selection of current and older vintages all served with a delicious gourmet cheese platter.
From the elegant Trophy Room to the beautiful &lsquoLocale' Restaurant nestled within the grounds of the De Bortoli winery. Take a seat in this inviting establishment and let your hosts spoil you with a seasonal 3 course Italian-inspired Chef's Menu. Each dish is created using only the freshest ingredients. Relax in style as you indulge in a selection of perfectly matched wines from the De Bortoli range.
- Basic fitness is recommended but not required as there will be some walking involved
What to Bring:
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
What is Included:
- Get insights to cheese and wine pairings in the De Bortoli Trophy Room
- Sample current and older vintage wines served with a gourmet cheese platter
- Indulge in a seasonal 3 course Italian-inspired Chef's Menu at De Bortoli &lsquoLocale' restaurant
- Enjoy tea and coffee with home-made biscotti to finish off your day
- Duration 3.5 hour
- Price is per person
- Minimum of 2 people required (maximum 4)
- Guests must be aged 18 years or older to participate
- Available Thursday to Monday
- Bookings are essential, tours are subject to availability
- Tours are run between 11:00am &ndash 2:30pm
- No cancellation fees are charged outside 24 hours
- Request for changes to experience must be made at least 24 hours prior
- Any dietary requirements/restrictions should be noted to the operator before the activity