Have you ever wanted to be a pilot? Would you love to learn to fly a plane? Take to the skies and learn the basics of flying with this Trial Introductory Flight. Here is your opportunity to get behind the controls of a modern flying training aircraft with an experienced flight instructor and Australia's Tail Wheel Specialists.
This flight allows you to "try before you buy". Your day will begin with a briefing by your flight instructor, here you will learn about what to expect during the flight and how the controls of the aircraft operate. The flight takes place out of Camden airport and you will be airborne for approximately 30 minutes. During this time you will experience hands on flying time. All training aircraft are fitted with dual controls to ensure safety and you will have communication with your instructor at all times.
Your aircraft for the flight will be the Citabria (airbatic backwards!), a tail wheel aircraft and ideal basic trainer. You will learn to fly 'stick and rudder' with 'power and attitudes', this will give you a lifelong grounding in the skills required to fly all aircraft that traditional nosewheel trainers do not. We highly recommend that you complete your primary flight training in this aeroplane. A PiperSport aircraft is also available.
On completion of the TIF you will have a de-brief with your instructor. The 30 minute TIF flight time can be logged towards your license. So what are you waiting for? Get up in the air and live your dream of being a pilot for the day!
Fitness & Experience
- Max weight 120kgs
- Max height of 191cms
- You must be able to understand and act upon/respond to instructions provided in English
- Be in good health with no major medical illness and at least 12 years of age. If you are 12 years of age and under 18 years, you must obtain written parental consent.
- No particular level of fitness is required but people with epilepsy cannot fly.
- No experience is required you will be supervised by an expert instructor at all times. No heavy drinking the night before and a decent breakfast on the morning are recommended
- If you don't meet all the requirements outlined in and/or suffers a medical condition, you may still be able to participate in a TIF flight however you must first discuss you situation prior to the flight to ensure you can be catered for safely.
What to Bring/Wear
- Loose comfortable clothing should be worn, as it can get quite warm in the cockpit and sturdy shoes
- Sunglasses are a must as the glare off clouds can be quite severe
- A cap is also a good idea
What is Supplied
- Professional Instructor
- Incredible views of the scenic Macarthur region
- All equipment & training
- 30 minute TIF flight
When and where can I fly? Flights are available on demand 7 days a week from Camden Airport.
Please note: This voucher will be sent by email.