By connecting to the GPS network, the new Seiko Astron adjusts at the touch of a button to your time zone and, by taking all the energy it needs from light alone, never needing a battery change.
Seiko Astron is a low-energy-consumption GPS watch, receiving time signals automatically and on demand, it connects to four or more of the GPS satellites that orbit the earth, thus pinpointing its position and identifying the time zone and the exact time with Atomic Clock precision.
When you travel with the Seiko Astron it keeps time management so simple. As soon as you step off a plane, just press the button and the time zone adjustment is automatic. The adjustment to or from Daylight Saving Time or Summer Time is also a one touch operation, and its also has a perpetual calendar, so the date will always be as accurate as the time.
The 8X series introduces a chronograph to the Astron range. The chronograph measuring up to 6 hours in 1/5th of a second increments as well as a 30% reduction in size from the 7X series with thanks to engergy-saving advances that enable the use of a smaller GPS antenna.
- GPS controlled time and time zone adjustment
- Chronograph up to 6 hours in 1/5 second increments
- Displays date calendar
- Perpetual calendar correct to February 2100
- Signal reception result indication
- World Time Function (40 Time Zones)
- Flight Mode
- Daylight Saving Time Function
- Power saving function
- Black hard coated stainless steel case with ceramic bezel
- Three fold clasp with push button release
- Sapphire crystal glass with Super-Clear Coating
- 100m water resistant
- Case diameter 44.6mm and thickness 13.7mm
- 3 year warranty