Take a birds-eye view across one of the great USA cities as you take off across the shimmering waters of the Bay of San Francisco in your own private seaplane.
Your pilot will first take you across to the famous Golden Gate Bridge to provide a view - and a photo opportunity - that is truly spectacular. Opened in 1937 and declared one of the Modern Wonders of the World by the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Golden Gate Bridge has been called "possibly the most beautiful, certainly the most photographed, bridge in the World" by Frommer's Travel Guide.
From here you and your companion will head across the Bay to the Financial District and Downtown San Francisco with your pilot helping identify key points of interest along the way. From the city you will fly along the waterfront high above the crowds at the world-famous Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39.
Then it is a flight back in time through America's dark criminal past as you head north over Alcatraz Island and the prison that was home to some of the most notorious criminals of the Twentieth Century. Despite only being used to house inmates for thirty years, Alcatraz is widely regarded as the most infamous prison in the world and holds a unique position in the imagination.
Your expert pilot will continue on to far more pleasant views as you fly over Angel Island and along the picturesque cities of Tiburon, Belvedere and Sausalito in Marin County.
Fitness & Experience
- A basic level of fitness is recommended but not required
What to Bring
- Camera, comfortable clothing and shoes
What is Included
- Price is for 2 people
- Private flight past the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Angel Island and Financial District
- The perfect photo opportunity of some of the most spectacular landmarks in the world
- World-class commentary from your expertly trained pilot
- A minimum of 2 people are required for this activity
- Duration 30 minutes
- Booking is essential; tour is subject to availability of the operators
- We recommend booking at least 2 weeks in advance to avoid disappointment
- All times are approximate and routes may vary due to weather or other factors
- Operator reserves the right to alter itinerary due to availability or unforeseen circumstances
- Cancellation must be made 72 hours in advance for full refund
- Tour available throughout the year except major public holidays