Nothing shakes the body like the roar of a V8 race car, and nothing stirs the soul more than a session of hot laps in a track-prepared V8 six-speed Commodore or Monaro around Launceston's V8 race track, Symmons Plains Raceway.
The V8 drive day begins with a briefing conducted by experienced race drivers. During practical observation laps of the circuit, your driver will demonstrate techniques on cornering, apexes and exiting, efficient braking and acceleration, steering, gear changes and general car control. Safety and track awareness will also be discussed. There's plenty of time to ask questions so you'll feel completely comfortable before putting V8 race car theory into practice.
Then it's time to let loose your inner revhead during a session of real life V8 driving action. Each driver does six full-pelt laps behind the wheel of their V8 Commodore or Monaro. Then, just when you reckon you can drive a V8 like Mark Skaife, your experienced race driver will take control again for three more seriously quick V8 hot laps that you're not likely to forget for a very long time.
Fitness & Experience
- You are required to sign an indemnity on the day of your Drive or Ride
- Weight and height restrictions may apply but as a guide you must be able to fit into a XXXL race suit
- You must hold a minimum of a P-Plate licence to drive and have experience in a manual car
- You must have a 0.00% blood alcohol reading on the day
- We reserve the right to stop the car or refuse anyone found to be driving or acting in an unsafe manner
What to Bring/Wear
- Wear clothes appropriate for weather on the day
- Wear a comfortable pair of enclosed shoes
- Bring sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses on hot sunny days
- Definitely bring your camera
- Spectators are welcome
- You must bring your booking confirmation with you on the day
What is Supplied
- Racing attire
- Briefing about the ride, racing and safety
- Full tuition for driving courses by professional race drivers
- Observation lap with professional driver at the wheel
- 6 laps with you at the wheel
- 3 hot laps driven by a professional racing driver
- Provision of all safety gear and safety personnel
- A framed photo of you with a V8
- Multiple camera DVD footage of your experience is available to purchase on the day for an additional $125
A lot of our instructors are big in Motor Racing circles (due to race schedules etc, we are unable to guarantee specific drivers for your experience)
Allow up to 3hrs for your experience.
Please note: This voucher will be sent by email.