Join the Executive Chef at Jacob's Creek wines for a unique cooking class in the heart of one of Australia's premium wine regions - the Barossa Valley. Enjoy a 4 hour cooking class that is the epitome of ‘paddock to plate’.
This memorable culinary class is hosted in the picturesque Jacob’s Creek Estate Cottages – a unique venue that provides an inspirational setting for a truly hands-on experience. Within this idyllic setting you will be introduced to the Executive Chef at the Jacob’s Creek Visitor Centre before being put into small groups for a fun exploration of the grounds. As a team you will work together picking fresh produce from Jacob's Creek Kitchen Garden. Back in the kitchen you will create a delicious range of dishes under the guidance of your expert chef.
Throughout the class you will learn how to develop a menu that maximises the availability of fresh seasonal produce. In order to maximise the beautiful landscape and create a truly unique sense of occasion the class is hosted outdoors. The agenda is very much focused on the informal and fun, to ensure an atmosphere that encourages discussion and collaboration. Class completed, it is time to savour the fruits of your labour with a leisurely lunch perfectly complimented by a selection of Jacob’s Creek Wine.
Fitness & Experience
- A very basic level of fitness is recommended though not mandatory
- No cooking experience is required
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing and shoes for walking
- Appropriate sun protection
What is Included
- A unique cooking class held at the historic Jacob’s Creek Estate Cottages
- A four hour experience led by Jacob’s Creek’s Executive Chef
- Work in teams and pick fresh produce straight from the Kitchen Garden
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch with complimentary Jacob’s Creek Wine
- Price is for 1 person
- Duration 4 hours
- Minimum of two participants required
- Please advise operator of dietary requirements in advance
- Guests must be aged 18 years or older to participate
- Open 10am-5pm daily (except Christmas Day and Good Friday)
- Recommended start time is 10:30am
- Booking is essential, class is subject to availability