This shark dive program is for non-divers who require an introduction to SCUBA diving before plunging into an aquarium for their first shark dive experience.
The shark dive commences with a SCUBA diving and equipment briefing & theory and practical in which you'll don your wetsuit and weight belt and march into the training pool. The shark diving instructors will give you personalised tuition, ensuring you're confident with the basic skills and commands.
Next it's time to make your way to the aquarium for the shark dive, during which you'll meet some mysterious ocean giants. Brace your nerves and slip into the small holding tank to carry out final gear checks before dropping into the four million-litre aquarium for your shark dive.
Once in the tank you will commence a 30-minute shark dive through this underwater wonderland and its endless array of marine life. The more than 30 sharks in the tank include grey nurses, wobbegongs and Port Jackson sharks. There are also four species of stingray and two species of marine turtles.
Family and friends can watch your shark dive from the safety of the spectators tunnel, where they're free to wave and photograph your encounter. This shark dive adventure will give you an amazing perspective of these fascinating creatures. Once the shark dive is over you can check out photographic evidence of your latest adventure. The shark dive experience is up to two-and-a-half hours long.
Fitness & Experience
- Scuba diving in the Manly aquarium is available to all people over the age of 14 years (customers between the age of 14-18 years must be accompanied by an adult guardian who can sign a disclaimer on the day)
- Customers must be able to speak English and understand spoken instruction in the English language
- Participants must be able to swim and have a satisfactory level of health
- You cannot fly within 12 hours after the dive
- If you are suffering from a cold, hay fever, hangover, cough, breathlessness or ear infection on the day of dive, you will not be allowed to participate in the dive
- Chronic sinus or middle ear problems may exclude you as water depth and pressure can cause severe discomfort if you are unable to equalise pressure
Medical Questionnaire: Do you have any of the following conditions?
- Heart Disease
- Chronic chest condition
- Chronic sinus condition
- Ear problems
- High blood pressure or obesity
- Are you pregnant?
- Do you have any other medical conditions, including injuries, a history of blackouts or any psychological issues that may prevent you from participating in the dive?
NOTE: If answered yes to any of the above questions, you require written confirmation from a doctor stating your condition is not prohibitive to diving before booking your dive, please contact Adrenalin for this form. You need to fax the medical clearance through with the booking form.
- The tune-up dive option is suitable for certified divers you have less than 15 dives logged or have 15+ dives but not dived in the past 12 months
What to Bring/Wear
- A towel and bathers are all that is required
- If you have your own mask and full-length wetsuit please feel free to bring them along
- All non-certified divers are required to complete medical declaration on the day
What is Supplied
- Introduction to Scuba Diving briefing and pool skills session (approx. 90 minutes)
- All dive gear and wetsuits
- 30-minute Oceanarium tank dive
- Guides to lead you to the sharks
What about photos? Underwater pictures of you diving will be available for purchase When can I dive? The program runs 7-days a week - 3 times a day.
Please note: This voucher will be sent by email.
Adrenaline vouchers purchased after 31/3/2018 are valid for three (3) years from the date of purchase. During that period, the voucher can be used towards the activity displayed on the voucher or towards any other activity displayed the Adrenaline site. However, once you have booked an activity you cannot change to a different activity. The price of the activity displayed on the voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. If the price of that activity increases after 12 months, then customers can either opt to pay the difference between the face value of the voucher and the price of the activity at the time of redemption, or they can use their voucher as credit towards any other activity on the Adrenaline site.
Please note: This voucher will be delivered via email and can take up to 3-4 business days following successful order placement.