Parts of Australia are experiencing unprecedented bushfire activity, which has been exacerbated by a prolonged and severe drought.
Conditions are volatile and fast-moving, and current estimations are that fires will continue to burn until March 2020.
Australian Red Cross gives people the support they need in disasters- whenever and wherever they happen. Australian Red Cross has decades of experience in caring for people affected by earthquakes, floods, storms, fire, drought and other emergencies.
Here's what donations to our Disaster Relief and Recovery work can achieve:
- Supporting people at evacuation centres and recovery hubs
- Psychological first aid to reduce trauma
- Locating missing loved ones, through our unique Register.Find.Reunite service
- Emergency assistance (including cash grants to people who have lost homes in the 2019/2020 bushfires)
- Long-term recovery programs in disaster-affected communities
- Helping families and communities prepare for disasters
- Training and supporting our volunteers, and covering their expenses when they're deployed in emergencies.
For more information visit www.redcross.org.au/qantasgroup
How does this redemption work?
When you redeem your Qantas Points for Australian Red Cross, Qantas Frequent Flyer will pay the specified dollar amount to Australian Red Cross. You will receive a redemption confirmation email. No item will be posted to you following your redemption. If you would like to redeem points for this charity, select 'Add to cart'. You will see that this redemption option is 'Ready to despatch' which is the standard order status for this redemption option.
If you redeem your Qantas Points for this charity, and the required points are deducted from your account, Qantas will pay the specified dollar amount to this charity within 90 days of the date of your redemption.
Please note, members are not entitled to a tax deduction for redeeming points for charity (pursuant to taxation laws). Click here for full terms and conditions.
Australian Red Cross ABN: 50 169 561 394