Win a Trip to Fiji Competition
Redeem at the Qantas Store and you and three others could be saying 'Bula' to Fiji
Samsonite and Qantas Store are giving you the chance to win an incredible trip to Fiji for four people.
To enter, simply register and use your Qantas Points to redeem any item from the Qantas Store by 30 May 2017. Redeem any Samsonite product and receive two entries.
The dream trip, worth more than AU$10,000, includes:
- Economy flights for 4 people from your nearest Australian capital city to Nadi, Fiji
- 6 nights accomodation for 4, plus daily breakfast
- Private hotel transfers in Fiji
- A South Sea Island day cruise for 4
Plus, Samsonite will give the lucky winner their very own 3-piece Samsonite Lite-Shock Luggage set valued at more than AU$2,000. The Lite-Shock combines minimal weight with maximum impact resistance, keeping your possessions safe and travel easy.
To get started, accept the Terms and Conditions below, log-in with your Frequent Flyer number and register before redeeming.
Qantas Store and Samsonite 'Win a Trip to Fiji' Competition
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 3636) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on Friday 21 April 2017 and closes at 11:59pm Wednesday 30 May 2017 (AEST) (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members (as per their preferred mailing address in their Profile) who are aged 18 years or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and registered travel companions, and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period, log in with their Qantas Frequent Flyer number to qantasstore.com.au, accept the terms and conditions on the competition page and click ‘register for the competition’ and then use their Qantas Points to redeem any product from the Australian online Qantas Store. They will receive one entry per product redeemed and two entries per Samsonite product redeemed. Any product returned, exchanged or cancelled during the Promotion Period will not receive an entry.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7. Multiple entries are permitted.
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10. The draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on Tuesday 6 June 2017 at the offices of MDSA at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 and will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer). The winner will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries.
11. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$11,978.32, based on the recommended retail value as at 21 February 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
13. The prize consists of one trip for four adults to Fiji.
The first eligible entry drawn will win the Prize. The Prize consists of:
The prize pack includes:
- Return Economy flights for four people from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Nadi, Fiji (flight associated taxes are included). Maximum flights value: AU$4693.32
- Hotel Accommodation – six nights, 2 x 2 adult rooms with daily breakfast. Maximum accommodation value: AU$4080.00
- Airport/hotel transfers in Fiji for four people. Maximum transfers value: AU$440.00
- A South Sea Island Day Cruise or equivalent activity of equal or lesser value. Maximum activity value: AU$ 528.00
- 1 x 3pc Samsonite Lite Shock - Petrol Blue luggage set. Maximum RRP: AU $2237 accurate as at 21 February 2017.
The prize pack does not include:
- any transport between a traveller’s residence and the departure airport;
- any overnight accommodation while travelling to the departure airport or destination;
- any other travel or accommodation;
- any other meal, event and/or activity outside of Prize schedule and any transportation outside of scheduled events & activities;
- any incidental hotel charges (such as mini-bar charges, telephone calls, in house movies, food and beverages, etc)
- any visas, passport charges, insurance (such as travel or health cover), any vaccinations or other medical or health related services;
- any taxes not expressly set out above.
14. The Prize is for the winner and their three guests (for guests under 18 years of age the winner agrees to act as their guardian for the duration of the Prize trip). Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 30 June 2017. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed between 1 August 2017 and 30 November 2017 (Travel Period). The Prize winner and their guests may extend their trip at their own expense. All travel is subject to availability at all times and maybe dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation partners.
15. The Prize winner must confirm their nominated travel companions by 30 June 2017.
16. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. By accepting the Prize, the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
17. The Prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the Prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the tickets, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guests. It is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guests to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
18. The Prize winner must be available to travel during the stated Travel Period. Inability to travel during this time will result in the forfeit of The Prize. The Prize winner and their guests must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
19. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
20. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
21. The winner will be notified in writing by email and by telephone within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper and on qantasstore.com.au/winatriptofiji on Tuesday 13 June 2017.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
22. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. A second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Thursday 7 September 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law if the winner, after notified, is unable to claim the prize. Any winner will be notified in writing by email within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper and on qantasstore.com.au/winatriptofiji on Thursday 14 September 2017.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25. The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting their prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
28. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/12305, ACT Permit No TP17/00442 & SA Licence No. T17/417.
You must be logged in to register.